Ducks forced to land in Oklahoma ice storm; WildCare will care for them | News
NORMAN, Okla. – Some ducks migrating for the winter are having a bit of trouble in this weather.
Rondi Large with WildCare said the ducks’ wings are gathering ice and they are forced to land.
The issue the birds are landing on what they think are lakes but in reality they are wet and ice roads.
Large said once the ducks are on the ground they cannot get back into the air.
WildCare already has 10 of these ducks as of Sunday.
Large said if you see any of these ducks to help them, and if you can do it safely, take them to WildCare.
7601 84th St.
Noble, OK 73068
9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Upcoming Events near Moore
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Organization updating public on funds raised during last May’s tornadoes
- Emergency crews respond to bus accident
- Man charged with sex crimes after game of truth or dare with 2 teenage girls
- Oklahoma resident behind bars after taking advantage of tornado victims’ benefits
- Plaza Towers Memorial: Here’s how you can help