Parks election meeting coming to Moore | Families
Residents of Moore are encouraged to attend a public meeting about an upcoming election.
The Moore Parks & Recreation Department will team up with city leaders to discuss the Parks Improvement Election.
The election will consist of two separate propositions about improvements to city parks.
The first proposition would authorize $25.1 million in general obligation bonds be used to fund a new park. The park would contain a new aquatic facility, a community center, a multi-purpose building, an outdoor amphitheater and 2 miles of trails.
The second proposition would establish a temporary ¼ of a penny sales tax for improvements to existing parks. Organizers say the money would be used to create a veteran’s memorial wall, among other items.
The discussion will be held Monday, October 22, 2012 at 7 p.m. inside Oakridge Elementary School.
If you can’t make this meeting, others are scheduled throughout the week.
Other meetings will be held as follows:
- Tuesday, October 23rd at 7 p.m. inside Kelley Elementary School
- Wednesday, October 24th at 7 p.m. inside Winding Creek Elementary School
- Thursday, October 25th at 7 p.m. inside Heritage Trails Elementary School
The Parks Improvement Election will be held on Tuesday, November 6, 2012.
For more information, call (405) 793-5090.
Upcoming Events near Moore
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- OKC school teacher accused of sexual misconduct by multiple students
- Metro school bus drivers still concerned about icy bus routes
- Chocolate Lab survives being trapped in frozen pond for nearly two hours in Oklahoma City
- UPDATE: Firefighters battle SW OKC house fire
- Six month later, Moore family still battling with insurance company