Felony charge filed against gun owner | Crime
A felony charge was filed this afternoon against a man who, police say, left a loaded gun inside a Moore elementary school.
Plaza Towers Elementary was placed on lock down after a teacher discovered the weapon in a classroom Monday morning.
Officials say the gun was left behind by a relative of a teacher who had been at the school over the weekend.
The gun fell out of his pocket and he only realized it was missing when he saw the lock down on the news.
The Cleveland County District Attorney's Office has now filed one count of possession of a firearm on school grounds against 57-year-old Mark Thomas Brim.
We're told a warrant has been issued for his arrest.
Upcoming Events near Moore
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man charged with sex crimes after game of truth or dare with 2 teenage girls
- Oklahoma resident behind bars after taking advantage of tornado victims’ benefits
- Plaza Towers Memorial: Here’s how you can help
- Storm survivors slam teen for FEMA fraud
- Oklahoma man takes advantage of FEMA, sentenced to prison